Prayer Focus: Missions
Yesterday we prayed for our future missionaries, today we pray for our current missionaries. Warriors in Christ who put fear aside and have been obedient to the call to preach the Good News. What an honor it is for all of us to unite and lift up these incredible men and women of faith!
“Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
– Matthew 28:19-20 “19
“For this is what the Lord has commanded us. ‘I have made you a light for the Gentiles that you may bring salvation to the ends of the earth.'”
– Acts 13:47 “47
“He said to them, ‘Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation. Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.'”
– Mark 16:15-16
“Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved. How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? And how can anyone preach unless they are sent? As it is written: ‘How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!’”
– Romans 10:13-15
“Declare His glory among the nations, His marvelous deeds among all peoples.”
– Psalm 96:3 ”
Pray For Indonesia (Jamie and Tasha Kemp)
- Safety: Indonesia seems to have at least one major earthquake every year and smaller earthquakes almost daily. God protected the Kemp family and their missions team as they were led to safety a mere 12 minutes before their hotel was destroyed by an earthquake and tsunami in September 2018.
- Fiscal needs: The teaching center needs $4,000 to improve the computer equipment. They have 4 leadership trainings coming up and travel expenses are needed – $2,000.
- Big Future: Jamie and Tasha have a vision to see 100 students attend their weekly English Worship Service. Pray for the many nonchristians attending their teaching center and that more and more students would come to faith in Jesus.
Pray For Mexico (Ezequiel and Judith Cruz)
- Local church: Pray that Templo Bautista La Hermosa would continue to grow and meet the needs of the community, pray for wisdom for Ezequiel and Judith as they continue to lead this congregation.
- Casa Hogar de Gracia (orphanage): This home is 100% sustained by donations, pray that God would continue to provide the finances to feed and care for these children.
- Big Needs: Outreach church in Rancho Viejo is looking for permanent electricity supply for power and heat. The lady that was providing the electricity is no longer able to do so, the church is currently using a generator.
- Missions team: Pray that God would provide a team to head down to Ures several times a year to help the Cruz family with the church, outreach to other villages, and summer time Vacation Bible School.
Pray For India (Pastor Pappy Daniel)
- Train Station Feeding Program: We are currently feeding 100 kids one meal each day of the week. The food packet price may be increasing from 18 rupees to 20 rupees. There is also another train station that has no current feeding program for the children there. Pray for God to continue to provide the finances to feed these children and open doors for additional funds to provide for the other train station and any increase in expenses.
- Volunteers: We have an incredible group of volunteers feeding the children every day. Pray for their strength and commitment to the program and for wisdom as they explore opportunities for education, medical needs, and permanent housing.
- Future: Pray for the vision of the Light of Hope Mission and Pappy Daniel. Pray that God would raise up leaders and a staff to continue to run the mission and feeding program for years to come!